One of the best parts of West Ridge is all of the different opportunities it gives its students.
- In the first year, kids got to vote on the school mascot and colors. Fun fact: the vote split between boys and girls, and if the girls had won, we would be the Pink and Purple Unicorns!!
- The most advanced technology at West Ridge was computers.
- The dances were sponsored by school clubs and usually had a theme that kids dressed up for.
- Dances and 6th grade parties were usually with kids from Hill Country.
- On the weekends, kids enjoyed: going to the mall, watching TV, having sleepovers, going to movies, playing sports, watching VCRs, hanging out with friends, and going to the Greenbelt.
- Gossiping and talking on the phone was common.
- Kids enjoyed personalizing their lockers.
- The students said their favorite food was chocolate.
- Baggy fashion from the brands Polo and Guess was popular. Kids liked to wear cool clothes, but they also wanted to have their own style.
- There was a soda fountain where kids could refill their cups with all different kinds of soft drinks.
- On the weekends and during their free time, kids liked shopping, listening to music, making music, talking on the phone, watching TV, and hanging out with friends.
- Ice cream was popular at the school snack bar.
- Dances were sponsored by school clubs, and kids enjoyed both slow dancing and group dancing.
- A couple would “win” at some dances.
- There was a pay phone at the school.
- The kids complained about having a lot of homework.
- Most kids frequently used their lockers and enjoyed organizing them.
- At Westlake High School football games, West Ridge kids enjoyed going to The Pit.
- Kids had apps on their phones and iPads that they used both for fun and for school.
- Couples slow danced at dances.
- Everyone enjoyed fast music, friends, costumes, and food at the dances.
- Popular fashion for girls: Sweaters, leggings, jeans, jean shorts, boots, and nice T-shirts.
- Popular fashion for boys: Shorts, T-shirts, sweatshirts, athletic socks, and tennis shoes.
- Both boys and girls wore athletic wear.
- Popular singers were Lorde, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, and Lady Gaga.
Here are some Student Life Clips
Share Your Own Experience at West Ridge
Password for Flipgrid is HistoryofWRMS if you don't have an eanes email.